[dm-devel] multipath-tools-0.3.2

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Oct 19 23:04:53 UTC 2004

On 2004-10-20T00:28:46, christophe.varoqui at free.fr wrote:

> 3) libsysfs broke compatibility with klibc when it started using "struct
> mntent", so I keep a frozen fork in the tarball.
>
> 4) libdevmapper has trivial compilation problems with klibc, which will
> eventually resolve, but for now ...

Ah, so it's all klibc related. I see.

> 5) compiling most of the tools against klibc and multipathd against
> glibc is asking for headaches, but I did go that way.

> So what do you suggest ? drop klibc support ?

Well, not _drop_ it, but make it conditional (WITH_SYSTEM_LIBS="yes") to
compile it all against glibc + system devmapper + sysfs, so that
everyone can choose at compile time.

(SUSE has, for various reasons, glibc in the initrd, so I'm happily
compiling everything against glibc anyway; I expect some others might be
wanting to do that too.)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--