[dm-devel] dm-emc hardware handler patches

Edward Goggin egoggin at emc.com
Tue Dec 5 20:42:41 UTC 2006

Alasdair,

I've included two patches which I've made against
2.6.19-rc6 of Linus's git tree.  The first patch
is for changing dm and dm-multipath to be able to
pass a ptr to the dm mapped device to the dm
hardware handler's create interface.  The second
patch is for changes to the dm-emc hardware handler
itself.

Taken together, these patches basically differ from
my previous submission of this content only in the
use of a blk_rq_map_kern for the emc handler issued
ios instead of just pointing the rq->buffer field at
the io buffer.

I've also sent this content to Mike Christie.
Mike has indicated that he's already integrated the
dm-emc changes into the scsi subsystem's hardware
handler format.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help
with this stuff.

Thanks,

Ed

 <<0001-Exported-dm_put-to-be-used-by-parse_hw_handler.txt>>
<<0002-Added-logical-unit-follow-over-capability-and.txt>>