[dm-devel] Re: RFC: dm patches for 2.6.16

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Thu Dec 14 22:13:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 08:25:59PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 04:24:44AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > The following attached patches seem to make sense for 2.6.16:
> >
> > Added in 2.6.17.11 and 2.6.18:
> > dm: BUG/OOPS fix
> >
> > Added in 2.6.17.12 and 2.6.18:
> > dm snapshot: unify chunk_size
> > dm: add module ref counting
> > dm: mirror sector offset fix
> > dm: Fix deadlock under high i/o load in raid1 setup.
> >
> > Added in 2.6.19:
> > dm snapshot: fix metadata writing when suspending
> >
> > Do these patches look OK for 2.6.16,
>
> Yes.

Thanks, I've applied them.

> > Are there any critical patches I missed?
>
> The general rule for patches I send to linux-kernel is that any patch with
> 'fix' in the title is a candidate for stable trees (together with any
> earlier patches they depend upon).

I do _sometimes_ find patches for 2.6.16 on linux-kernel.
I'm regularly going through the patches that have been applied to
-stable.

AFAIK Greg and Chris only apply patches to -stable that were explicitely
sent to stable at kernel.org.

It would therefore be good, if you could send such patches explicitely
to stable at kernel.org.

> Alasdair

cu
Adrian