[dm-devel] Failover between two paths to one LU doesn't work onlinux-iscsi

Michael Lyulko michaell at voltaire.com
Thu Oct 12 18:49:52 UTC 2006

Dave Wysochanski wrote:
>> I ran iozone benchmark and manually failed one of two paths. There was
>> no failover to second path.
>> The iSCSI initiator retried to reconnect to the first path -
>> unsuccessfully. When I restored the first
>> path - the initiator reconnected to the target via the first path.
>>
>> Thanks!

Thanks! Now I set ConnFailTimeout=30 and when one of the paths failed a
fail-over to
second path occurred (I had Multipath=portal). But after the first path
is back (iSCSI session
is established and I can read from the device) multipath -l shows:
<snip>
\_ round-robin 0 [enabled]
 \_ 0:0:6:0 sda 8:0  [failed][ready]            //   still "failed" -
Michael
\_ round-robin 0 [active]
 \_ 0:1:6:0 sdb 8:16 [active][ready]

1. How can I configure the DM to automatically detect that a path is
active again?
2. I don't have a multipath.conf in /etc. Is
/usr/share/doc/packages/multipath-tools/
the right place to take it from?
3. What params in multipath.conf are a must in this case of fail-over
setup regarding question no.1?

Thanks again!