[dm-devel] Failover between two paths to one LU doesn't work onlinux-iscsi

David Wysochanski dwysocha at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 20:28:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 20:49 +0200, Michael Lyulko wrote:
> Dave Wysochanski wrote:
> >> I ran iozone benchmark and manually failed one of two paths. There was
> >> no failover to second path.
> >> The iSCSI initiator retried to reconnect to the first path -
> >> unsuccessfully. When I restored the first
> >> path - the initiator reconnected to the target via the first path.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

you probably want "failback immediate"
there's also been some bugs with failback - not sure about your version
- your mileage may vary

> 2. I don't have a multipath.conf in /etc. Is
> /usr/share/doc/packages/multipath-tools/
> the right place to take it from?

Yes, you can start with this.  I think there may be a problem with some
of the examples - make sure the "blacklist" keyword is correct - at some
point it changed from "devnode_blacklist" to "blacklist" (not sure which
one is in your version but example may be wrong).

> 3. What params in multipath.conf are a must in this case of fail-over
> setup regarding question no.1?

You might also want to look at no_path_retry and/or queue_if_no_path
options.