[dm-devel] online disk resizing

Raayman, Sebastian sebastian.raayman at sap.com
Thu Jul 5 09:54:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

this is also dependant on the HBA you are using. With a Qlogic adapter
you can simply send an:

echo scsi-qlascan

to your Qlogic adapter (for example under /proc/scsqi/qla2xxx). This
will make the adapter aware of for example new LUNs that have been
added.

You can then use the rescan-scsi-bus.sh command to rescan your bus and
make the changes known to the OS. After that just do a resize of the fs
on your disk or add them to the LVM or something similar.

Should work like a charm.

Cheers,
Bas