[dm-devel] Re: INFO: task mount:11202 blocked for more than 120 seconds

Chr chunkeey at web.de
Wed Mar 12 19:55:29 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 19:03:51 Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> David> Oh, dm-crypt. Well, I'd definitely start looking there. XFS has
> David> a history of exposing dm-crypt bugs, and these hangs appear to
> David> be I/O congestion/scheduling related and not XFS. Also, we
> David> haven't changed anything related to plug/unplug of block
> David> devices in XFS recently, so that also points to some other
> David> change as well...

me too...

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/11/377
(BTW: I'm still bisecting it... can somebody please confirm that 2.6.24-git17
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.24-git17.bz2
was the _last_ "good" one?)

BTW:
by pressing "SYSRQ-S (Emerg. Sync)" over and over again can unlock
some but not all "D" tasks...

Regards,
	Chr.