[dm-devel] FW: Buffer I/O error on access lun.....

Swastik Das swastik.das at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 05:05:48 UTC 2011

Dear Team,
I mapped a Dell MD3200i iSCSI storage to one linux host(RHEL 5.5 64bit).Also i did the following configuration.
1)Use the iscsid.conf from the Dell MDSM CD and modify it with the iSCSI IPs of the array
2) Install the Agent portion of the MDSM software from the MDSM cd.
3) Install the Linux RDAC (multipath) driver from the MDSM CD as well.

But still during os booting i'm getting the following error.

SCSI device sdc:409601 512-byte hdwr sectors (21MB)
sdc:write Protect is off
SCSI device sdc:drivr cache: write through w/ FUA
SCSI device sdc:409601 512-byte hdwr sectors (21MB)
sdc:write Protect is off
SCSI device sdc:drivr cache: write through w/ FUA
sd 5:0:0:31: Attached scsi disk sdc
sd 5:0:0:31: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 0
end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 40
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 5
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 6
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 7
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 8
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 9
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 10
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 11
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 12
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 13
 Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 14

Here "sdc" is the access lun(ghost lun) which is a write protected lun used for managing inbound communication between host & storage.I want to remove this error/Kernel should n't check this lun/blacklist this Lun or will make the access lun 31 not appear as a SD devices it will only show as a SG devices so that this message will not appear during OS booting

Pls suggest.

Thanks in Advance...

Swastik Das
IM:+91-9007000384