[dm-devel] dm-cache questions

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Dec 12 02:14:29 UTC 2013

Right, but as dm-cache changes over time, with new features or other major
changes being made relative to the version shipped in 3.10, presumably some
bug fixes that might get committed to mainline would not apply cleanly to
3.10 without some potentially non-negligible backporting effort? I don't
think gregkh does that himself? So if there was a major bug fix that ideally
would go back to LTS but couldn't be simply cherry picked, one of the
dm-cache devs would need to submit a separate commit for 3.10? Or perhaps I
misunderstand the process.