[dm-devel] dm-cache questions

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 14:20:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11 2013 at  9:14pm -0500,
Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:

> [...]

We sometimes cater to the quirks of a specific stable release's codebase:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2013-December/msg00018.html

Or we add notes to stable for guidance on how to resolve small
differences that'd prevent a clean backport (see bottom of patch
header):
http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2013-November/msg00200.html

But in general it is the task of other distro vendors to backport stable
fixes to their products.