[dm-devel] Bcache upstreaming

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Fri Feb 1 16:08:20 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 07:33:18AM -0800, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> Could add a new, fixed version that doesn't do the refcounting, bcache
> and I imagine md could use that right away (maybe even just split the
> refcounting out into different functions and have dm call those
> directly, probably an easy way to refactor it anyways)

I don't know.  We then would have two interfaces doing about the same
thing and a flag indicating whether the new or old one was used to
create the link so that exclusive close can decide to remove it or
not, which seems a bit complicated.  Let's see whether Mike can remove
the weirdness from dm side.

Thanks.

--
tejun