[dm-devel] Getting mapped device namw

Nikolay Borisov n.borisov at siteground.com
Mon Jul 6 09:49:56 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 12:40 PM, Gili B wrote:
> Thanks
> hash_cell is defined privately in dm_ioctl.c , so I cannot access it.
The beauty of open source software is that you can always export it for
you own needs :)

> also dm_get_mdptr ,is not extern so I can't access it neither.
The function is exposed via device_mapper.h so you can just include this
header. Poke the code around you might come up with an even better idea.
But generally you wouldn't want to use the name the user provided.
Instead, use the name of the block device being created e.g. dm-1. This
can be obtained from the  dm_get_device function and using the dm_dev struct