[dm-devel] Regarding RHEL multipath-tools-0.5.0

Nalla, Ravikanth ravikanth.nalla at hp.com
Wed May 20 16:08:53 UTC 2015

Hi Christophe,

I'm a registered user of RHEL dm-devel (ravikanth.nalla at yahoo.com<mailto:ravikanth.nalla at yahoo.com>) and I'm reaching to you as I have found your id tagged to multipath-tools-0.5.0.
When I'm compiling "multipath-tools-0.5.0" I get udev dependency error ( libudev.h  not found). To resolve it, I  have downloaded SRPM
of udev-147-2.57.el6.src.rpm from http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/ and trying to "./configure" but
no luck as I get another dependency error as below,

"checking for INTROSPECTION... configure: error: Package requirements (gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 0.6.2) were not met:"

However I tried to find the SRPM for gobject-introspection-1.0  but could not find it on http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/
I like to know what are the prerequisites to make multipath-tools-0.5.0 to compile on RHEL6update5 and if we have to have the additional RPMS then
where can I get it.
Thanks in advance,
Ravi