[dm-devel] dm-mq and end_clone_request()

Laurence Oberman loberman at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 01:33:26 UTC 2016

Hi Bart

I simplified the test to 2 simple scripts and only running against one XFS file system.
Can you validate these and tell me if its enough to emulate what you are doing.
Perhaps our test-suite is too simple.

Start the test

# cat run_test.sh
#!/bin/bash
logger "Starting Bart's test"
#for i in `seq 1 10`
for i in 1
do
	fio --verify=md5 -rw=randwrite --size=10M --bs=4K --loops=$((10**6)) \
        --iodepth=64 --group_reporting --sync=1 --direct=1 --ioengine=libaio \
        --directory="/data-$i" --name=data-integrity-test --thread --numjobs=16 \
        --runtime=600 --output=fio-output.txt >/dev/null &
done

Delete the host, I wait 10s in between host deletions.
But I also tested with 3s and still its stable with Mike's patches.

#!/bin/bash
for i in /sys/class/srp_remote_ports/*
do
 echo "Deleting host $i, it will re-connect via srp_daemon"
 echo 1 > $i/delete
 sleep 10
done

Check for I/O errors affecting XFS and we now have none with the patches Mike provided.
After recovery I can create files in the xfs mount with no issues.

Can you use my scripts and 1 mount and see if it still fails for you.

Thanks
Laurence