[dm-devel] dm-mq and end_clone_request()

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 02:10:12 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 02 2016 at  9:33pm -0400,
Laurence Oberman <loberman at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Bart
>
> I simplified the test to 2 simple scripts and only running against one XFS file system.
> Can you validate these and tell me if its enough to emulate what you are doing.
> Perhaps our test-suite is too simple.
>
> Start the test
>
> # cat run_test.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> logger "Starting Bart's test"
> #for i in `seq 1 10`
> for i in 1
> do
> 	fio --verify=md5 -rw=randwrite --size=10M --bs=4K --loops=$((10**6)) \
>         --iodepth=64 --group_reporting --sync=1 --direct=1 --ioengine=libaio \
>         --directory="/data-$i" --name=data-integrity-test --thread --numjobs=16 \
>         --runtime=600 --output=fio-output.txt >/dev/null &
> done
>
> Delete the host, I wait 10s in between host deletions.
> But I also tested with 3s and still its stable with Mike's patches.
>
> #!/bin/bash
> for i in /sys/class/srp_remote_ports/*
> do
>  echo "Deleting host $i, it will re-connect via srp_daemon"
>  echo 1 > $i/delete
>  sleep 10
> done
>
> Check for I/O errors affecting XFS and we now have none with the patches Mike provided.
> After recovery I can create files in the xfs mount with no issues.
>
> Can you use my scripts and 1 mount and see if it still fails for you.

In parallel we can try Bart's testsuite that he shared earlier in this
thread: https://github.com/bvanassche/srp-test

README.md says:
"Running these tests manually is tedious. Hence this test suite that
tests the SRP initiator and target drivers by loading both drivers on
the same server, by logging in using the IB loopback functionality and
by sending I/O through the SRP initiator driver to a RAM disk exported
by the SRP target driver."

This could explain why Bart is still seeing issues.  He isn't testing
real hardware -- as such he is using ramdisk to expose races, etc.

Mike