[dm-devel] Question about multipath device compiled defaults

Mauricio Faria de Oliveira mauricfo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 20 17:47:57 UTC 2016

Hi Brian,

On 01/20/2016 02:15 PM, Brian Bunker wrote:
> Any ideas how long it typically takes the distros like RHEL, etc. to
> pull these changes down, or do they need to be pinged explicitly that
> there are changes available that we want them to consider?

It's a good idea to let them know (e.g., bug/feature report).
I've worked a bit w/ Ubuntu, RHEL, and SLES.

Even though the changes might eventually make downstream, some distros
won't pull everything (reasonably), but only the pieces they find/know
to be required or desired by users/customers -- specially on released/
stable distro versions.

So, letting them know / ask for consideration usually helps.

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira
IBM Linux Technology Center