[dm-devel] Multipath timeout

Isidro Hortelano isidrohortelano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:48:23 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I have the current configuration of multipath :

defaults {
         polling_interval      5
         user_friendly_names   yes
         find_multipaths       yes

}

blacklist {
        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
        devnode "^hd[a-z]"
        devnode "^dcssblk[0-9]*"

        device {
                vendor "HP"
                product "LOGICAL VOLUME.*"
        }

        device {
                vendor "DGC"
                product "LUNZ"
        }

}
devices {
             device {
                vendor                  "3PARdata"
                product                 "VV"
                path_grouping_policy group_by_prio
                path_selector "round-robin 0"
                path_checker tur
                features "0"
                hardware_handler "1 alua"
                prio alua
                failback immediate
                rr_weight uniform
                no_path_retry 2
                rr_min_io_rq 1
                detect_prio yes
                fast_io_fail_tmo 10
                dev_loss_tmo 14
        }
}

I have a scsi timeout of 30 sec. by default, with this configuration how
much time does the multipath wait for an answer from a scsi command issued?
Regards,