[dm-devel] xts fuzz testing and lack of ciphertext stealing support

Ard Biesheuvel ard.biesheuvel at linaro.org
Sun Aug 4 08:36:25 UTC 2019

On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 at 19:04, Milan Broz <gmazyland at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/07/2019 07:39, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> > Thanks for the additional test vectors. They work fine with my SIMD
> > implementations for ARM [0], so this looks like it might be a CAAM
> > problem, not a problem with the test vectors.
> >
> > I will try to find some time today to run them through OpenSSL to double check.
>
> I shamelessly copied your test vectors to my vector test for cryptsetup backend.
>
> Both OpenSSL and gcrypt XTS implementation passed all tests here!
>
> If interested - this is copy of backend we have in cryptsetup, vectors added in crypto-vectors.c
> (there are some hard defines in Makefile, cryptsetup uses autoconf instead).
>   OpenSSL: https://github.com/mbroz/cryptsetup_backend_test
>   gcrypt branch: https://github.com/mbroz/cryptsetup_backend_test/tree/gcrypt
>
> Once kernel AF_ALG supports it, I can easily test it the same way.

Thanks for confirming. So we can be reasonably confident that the test
vectors contributed by Pascal are sound.

I'll try to send out my ARM/arm64 changes shortly. However, I won't
have any access to hardware until end of next month, so they are
tested on QEMU only, which means I won't be able to provide any
performance numbers.