[dm-devel] Basic Github CI for multipath-tools

Martin Wilck mwilck at suse.com
Tue Jan 5 21:45:46 UTC 2021

Hi Christophe,

On Sat, 2020-12-19 at 11:26 +0100, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> Sure, nice work.
>
> Would you like to create a PR, to merge it upstream ?
> So we can test if this process makes sense.

Sure, will do.

One problem that I currently have is that the openSUSE/multipath-tools
repo is a fork of your old repo, and it's impossible to change the
upstream repo in github, AFAICS. Therefore I can't create a PR directly
from openSUSE/multipath-tools.

I guess I'll have to re-build the openSUSE/multipath-tools repo "from
scratch" as a fork of your new github repo before we can realistically
work with github PRs. That's a bit of work because there are many
branches, and it needs to be discussed and coordinated in our
organization.

You'll notice when I've got to it :-)

In the meantime, please consider pulling upstream-queue, the current
state is pretty much settled between Ben and myself.

In the long run, let's handle everything that touches the actual
multipath-tools code via dm-devel as usual, and handle github-specific
things like CI via PRs. OK?

Regards and happy new year,
Martin