[dm-devel] New draft openSUSE multipath-tools repo on github

Martin Wilck mwilck at suse.com
Wed Jan 6 22:45:37 UTC 2021

Hi Christophe, Ben, everybody,

On Tue, 2021-01-05 at 22:45 +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On Sat, 2020-12-19 at 11:26 +0100, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> > Sure, nice work.
> >
> > Would you like to create a PR, to merge it upstream ?
> > So we can test if this process makes sense.
>
> Sure, will do.
>
> One problem that I currently have is that the openSUSE/multipath-
> tools
> repo is a fork of your old repo, and it's impossible to change the
> upstream repo in github, AFAICS. Therefore I can't create a PR
> directly
> from openSUSE/multipath-tools.
>
> I guess I'll have to re-build the openSUSE/multipath-tools repo "from
> scratch" as a fork of your new github repo before we can
> realistically
> work with github PRs. That's a bit of work because there are many
> branches, and it needs to be discussed and coordinated in our
> organization.

I've drafted the new openSUSE multipath-tools github repo now:

https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools-1

(the repo name will change!)

This repo is forked from Christophe's github repo and will thus allow
creating Pull Requests for Christophe.

I have simplified the branch names that matter for upstream development
wrt the old repo:

  upstream-queue -> queue
  upstream-fixes -> fixes
  upstream-tip -> tip (this one contains github CI)

Besides these, the repo contains some (open)SUSE-specific branches and
tags, but I've left out a lot of old stuff which will continue to live
on the old openSUSE repo only.

Please have a look. If I get positive feedback, I'll rename the current
openSUSE multipath-tools repo to "openSUSE/multipath-tools-pre2021" and
rename this one to "openSUSE/multipath-tools".

Best Regards,
Martin