[edk2-devel] tool chain tag setting for vs2017

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Wed May 8 10:25:48 UTC 2019

Hi Flynn,

On 2019.05.08 09:00, "徐林 wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I may found a problem here..
>
> I'm trying to build tianocore with visual studio 2017, the tianocore
> commit id is
> df7c81b5b219c9aee776baa466dd64c9d318dd80(Tue Apr 30 10:16:01 2019),
> after seting up the build environment and change TOOL_CHAIN_TAG to VS2017x86
> according from
> https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Windows-systems-ToolChain-Matrix

The first thing that needs to be pointed out is that the
ToolChain-Matrix has not been updated for VS2017, so you need to be
careful about extrapolating what applies for VS2015 or VS2013 to VS2017.

> , then build, the process will terminate with error message:
> *[VS2017x86] not defined. No toolchain available for build! *

Indeed. That's because we are now using a separate VS2017_HOST
(currently set to 'x86' by default) to identify the architecture of the
host platform tools, so we're not using VS2017x86 any more.

> After several tries, i change TOOL_CHAIN_TAG to *VS2017 *instead of
> VS2017x86,
> then the problem solved, i'm not sure if vs2017 setting is inconsistent
> with vs2015 or vs2010..
> or i have wrong setting somewhere else?

You should just use VS2017. And of course, we'll need to update the
Matrix to make that information public as well.

If you are seeing issues after setting TOOL_CHAIN_TAG to VS2017, please
let us know.

Regards,

/Pete

View/Reply Online (#40196): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40196