[edk2-devel] [edk2-announce] [RFC] EMEA Meeting Days / Times Change

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Wed May 15 09:29:16 UTC 2019

Hi Stephano,

On 05/14/19 20:21, Stephano Cetola wrote:
> It was mentioned that posting RFCs to the announce mailing list means
> folks will need the ability to post.
>
> I agree that announcements can lead to conversation and so I've opened
> up the announce list to posting. New user moderation is active so I'll
> need to approve your first post.

I'm somewhat used to announce lists, and I'd like to propose an
alternative that has worked well on those lists.

Namely:

- keep the announce list locked down (very small number of posters allowed)
- when making an announcement, always CC the devel list as well,
- when consensus is reached, send *one* update (as the original poster)

As a result:

- the announce list will only contain the announcements, and (if
necessary) a consensus update. This will offer a very clean and
low-traffic overview to people browsing the announce list, and to those
that are subscribed only to the announce list

- the community can engage in normal discussion hitting "Reply All" at
all times. The discussion will occur on the devel list, and will be kept
out of the announce list. If you (the OP) partake in the discussion,
you'll have to take care to remove the announce list from the address
list of your emails, as the address list would not filter you out (and
you wouldn't want to clutter the announce list with in-flight discussion).

Only a suggestion of course.

View/Reply Online (#40680): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40680
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io