[edk2-devel] [Patch 0/7] Add new CLANG8ELF tool chain for new LLVM/CLANG8

Jordan Justen jordan.l.justen at intel.com
Sun May 19 20:14:47 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-27 17:55:02, Liming Gao wrote:
> [...]

Assuming CLANG8ELF and CLANG8PE were functional, would both be needed?
It kind of sounds like this a half-finished investigation.

I'm guessing that if CLANG8PE produces equal or better code, then it
would be preferred.

Therefore, shouldn't we just finish the investigation, and add a
single CLANG8 toolchain at the end? Or, maybe to reflect that it
mostly uses the LLVM tool stack we could name it LLVM8.

-Jordan

View/Reply Online (#40985): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40985
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io