[edk2-devel] [Patch 0/7] Add new CLANG8ELF tool chain for new LLVM/CLANG8

Liming Gao liming.gao at intel.com
Mon May 20 13:47:41 UTC 2019

Jordan:

One point is that they will generate the different debug format symbols (WinDBG or GDB).
I have not done the full investigation to generate the different debug format symbols in single tool chain.

> I'm guessing that if CLANG8PE produces equal or better code, then it
> would be preferred.
>
> Therefore, shouldn't we just finish the investigation, and add a
> single CLANG8 toolchain at the end? Or, maybe to reflect that it
> mostly uses the LLVM tool stack we could name it LLVM8.
I also prefer single CLANG8 tool chain. I will collect more information and see whether it is possible.
Now, I would like to add this tool chain for the developer evaluation. Because I can't address all
comments now, I will remove this feature from Q2 stable tag. I will add it into edk2-staging first.

View/Reply Online (#41053): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41053
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io