[edk2-devel] Reviewer for the possible duplicated CSM components in OvmfPkg

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 20 05:11:10 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 05:08 +0000, Wu, Hao A wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> According to the request in a previous mail discussion thread
> 'Drop CSM support in OvmfPkg?':
>
> https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/topic/30916686#35723
>
> We plan to duplicate the required CSM modules into the OvmfPkg/Csm folder,
> so that those modules will be kept within the edk2 repo.
>
> Meanwhile, Laszlo suggested me to first figure out the ownership (review
> duty) for these CSM components before such duplication:
>
> https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/topic/31627718#40659
>
> Would you like to take such role to be the reviewer for the CSM components
> that will be copied into the OvmfPkg?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yes, I believe I have sufficient motivation to spend time on that am I
am willing to do so. My only caveat is that I haven't managed to
reproduce the working CSM situation that I had when I first implemented
this all; even by going back to those versions of OVMF + SeaBIOS.

Lazslo has pointed me at some potential reasons for that, but I haven't
yet managed to chase them up.

View/Reply Online (#41049): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41049
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io