[edk2-devel] iSCSI and iBFT

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed May 22 22:26:09 UTC 2019

On 22/05/2019 11:40, Tomas Pilar (tpilar) wrote:
> Yeah, I just AllocateCopyPool the static struct on heap for each device. I can honestly see how one would assume that a protocol instance would never be installed on more than one handle, same as I assumed that using a statically allocated struct containing nothing but boilerplate info would also be fine.
>
> The whole NII and UNDI drivers vs. SNP drivers compatibility across OEMs/IBVs and IHVs is a painful trash fire and this is just the last problem in a very long line of annoyances. </rant>

Thanks for writing up the end result.  I can't immediately see any more
viable way for iPXE to determine the NII corresponding to the user's
concept of "the NIC from which I booted", but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks again,

Michael

View/Reply Online (#41250): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41250
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io