Re: 回复: [edk2-devel] please let's disable the ECC plugin in CI, in its current form

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 08:52:20 UTC 2020

Hi Liming,

On 12/08/20 16:38, gaoliming wrote:
> Laszlo:
>   ECC tool is not perfect. It is still helpful. I am OK to disable ECC plugin in CI. But, I request to expose the option to enable it per package. If the package maintainer thinks ECC is valuable, he can enable ECC plugin in one package. As MdePkg maintainer, I can help to resolve ECC issue in MdePkg patch. So, I would keep ECC plugin in MdePkg.

the "skip trick" in Sean's patch at
<https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/1201/commits/3a6b58f06cc33e78ba66b297013dd3d5bfb5f962>:

    "EccCheck": {
        ## Exception sample looks like below:
        ## "ExceptionList": [
        ##     "<ErrorID>", "<KeyWord>"
        ## ]
        "ExceptionList": [
        ],
        ## Both file path and directory path are accepted.
        "IgnoreFiles": [
        ],
        "skip": True <------ this
    },

looks nice. While it is not as dynamic as a PR label, it is
package-level, and it needs no change when we add a new directory under
the package directory (because, the exception list would need a new
entry then).

View/Reply Online (#68643): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/68643
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io