[edk2-devel] EDK2 documents and wiki

Samer El-Haj-Mahmoud samer.el-haj-mahmoud at arm.com
Wed Nov 11 21:49:56 UTC 2020

I have a question on updating EDK2 documents and wiki.

I am trying to upload the SCT documents (contributed from UEFI Forum) to TianoCore Github and website. These are currently PDF and Word documents, so not suitable to be stand-alone markdown repos in  https://github.com/tianocore-docs<https://github.com/tianocore-docsf> yet (like what is happening wiht the other specs). It seems that, at least for now, the best location as far as I can tell is:

  1.  Add the raw PDF /Word (ZIP) documents to https://github.com/tianocore-docs/Docs/tree/master/User_Docs
  2.  Update https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-User-Documentation to point to the raw documents

For (1), should I send a patch to the list, or simply create a pull request with the files? I ask because I see a pull request pending since 2018 😊 (https://github.com/tianocore-docs/Docs/pull/1)

I assume for (2) I need to send a patch to the list, once (1) are uploaded.

Thanks,
--Samer

View/Reply Online (#67311): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/67311
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io