[edk2-devel] Hard Feature Freeze starts now for edk2-stable202011

gaoliming gaoliming at byosoft.com.cn
Fri Nov 20 08:05:41 UTC 2020

Hi, all

  Today, we enter into Hard Feature Freeze phase until edk2-stable202011 tag
is created at 2020-11-27. In this phase, there is no feature to be pushed.
The critical bug fix is still allowed. So far, I know two security patches
need to catch this stable tag. They both passed code review before HFF. If
no objection, Laszlo will merge them for this stable tag.

 https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/67708 Security fix: possible heap
corruption with LzmaUefiDecompressGetInfo

 https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/67706 MdeModulePkg/Core/Dxe: limit
FwVol encapsulation section recursion

  If the patch is sent after Hard Feature Freeze, and plans to catch this
stable tag, please add edk2-stable202011 key words in the patch title and
BZ, and also cc to Tianocore Stewards, then Stewards can give the comments.

Below is edk2-stable202011 tag planning.

Date (00:00:00 UTC-8) Description

2020-09-04  Beginning of development

2020-11-06  Feature Planning Freeze

2020-11-13  Soft Feature Freeze