[edk2-devel] Progress on getting Uncrustify working for EDK2?

Marvin Häuser mhaeuser at posteo.de
Mon Aug 16 19:39:50 UTC 2021

Hey Rebecca,

I think even Uncrustify has issues with the EDK II indentation style.
You might want to check the UEFI Talkbox Discord server, I had a brief
chat with Michael about it there. I don't think realistically any tool
supports EDK II's indentation style however, so I'd propose it is
changed. This could be for new submissions only, or actually the entire
codebase could be reformatted at once with a good tool setup. While this
screws with git blame, the (to my understanding) decided on CRLF -> LF
change does that anyway, so at least two evils could be dealt with in
one go really.

Best regards,
Marvin

View/Reply Online (#79384): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/79384