[edk2-devel] [RFC] Expose HII package list via C variables

Ni, Ray ray.ni at intel.com
Thu Aug 26 18:38:23 UTC 2021

Marvin,
If we can keep the secure parsing code inside the PeCoff library, all the backward combability issues because of removing the HII section support don't exist.
The PeCoff library might be very complex but the complexity[1] is hidden inside and abstracted by the PeCoff library API.
The complexity[2] of resolving combability issues after dropping HII section support disappears.

The complexity[1] is a fixed value but [2] is hard to calculate because there are so many platforms that might use this feature.

View/Reply Online (#79862): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/79862
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io