[edk2-devel] Question: GenSec: Generating EFI_SECTION_RAW section

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 17:49:00 UTC 2021

On 01/28/21 12:49, Abhishek Shah via groups.io wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have an INF file included in top level dsc and fdf files.
> When I compile them, I see output files .pe32/.depex/.ui (under
> Output/FV/FFs/)
> corresponding to one of the source files (namely AcpiPlatform.c).
>
> For the other source file, which is an asl file (namely SSDT/Ssdt_Sdio.asl);
> corresponding aml file is generated, but "GenSec" is not running for that
> file.
>
> Expectation is that for the generated aml file, GenSec should generate a
> raw section (under Output/FV/FFs/) ,
> so that I could use "GetSectionFromFv" API and get the table.
> Anything needed to be specified in INF file to generate  EFI_SECTION_RAW
> section
> or Am I missing something here?
>
> Below is the INF file:
> [Defines]
>   INF_VERSION                    = 0x00010005
>   BASE_NAME                      = AcpiPlatfromDxe
>   FILE_GUID                      = 875bd6b6-606f-11eb-bc63-1fc511f35cd9
>   MODULE_TYPE                    = DXE_DRIVER
>   VERSION_STRING                 = 1.0
>   ENTRY_POINT                    = AcpiPlatformEntryPoint
>
> [Sources]
>   AcpiPlatform.c
>   SSDT/Ssdt_Sdio.asl
>
> [Packages]
>   ArmPkg/ArmPkg.dec
>   MdePkg/MdePkg.dec
>   MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dec
>
> [LibraryClasses]
>   UefiLib
>   PcdLib
>   DebugLib
>   DxeServicesLib
>   MemoryAllocationLib
>   UefiBootServicesTableLib
>   UefiDriverEntryPoint
>
> [Protocols]
>   gEfiAcpiTableProtocolGuid                     ## ALWAYS_CONSUMED
>
> [Depex]
>   gEfiAcpiTableProtocolGuid

Do you have something like this in your FDF file:

INF  RuleOverride=ACPITABLE OvmfPkg/AcpiTables/AcpiTables.inf

[Rule.Common.USER_DEFINED.ACPITABLE]
  FILE FREEFORM = $(NAMED_GUID) {
    RAW ACPI               |.acpi
    RAW ASL                |.aml
  }

(This is not an exact answer, just a guess.)

View/Reply Online (#70857): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/70857
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io