[edk2-devel] Question: GenSec: Generating EFI_SECTION_RAW section

Abhishek Shah via groups.io abhishek.shah=broadcom.com at groups.io
Thu Jan 28 11:49:19 UTC 2021

Hi All

I have an INF file included in top level dsc and fdf files.
When I compile them, I see output files .pe32/.depex/.ui (under
Output/FV/FFs/)
corresponding to one of the source files (namely AcpiPlatform.c).

For the other source file, which is an asl file (namely SSDT/Ssdt_Sdio.asl);
corresponding aml file is generated, but "GenSec" is not running for that
file.

Expectation is that for the generated aml file, GenSec should generate a
raw section (under Output/FV/FFs/) ,
so that I could use "GetSectionFromFv" API and get the table.
Anything needed to be specified in INF file to generate  EFI_SECTION_RAW
section
or Am I missing something here?

Below is the INF file:
[Defines]
  INF_VERSION                    = 0x00010005
  BASE_NAME                      = AcpiPlatfromDxe
  FILE_GUID                      = 875bd6b6-606f-11eb-bc63-1fc511f35cd9
  MODULE_TYPE                    = DXE_DRIVER
  VERSION_STRING                 = 1.0
  ENTRY_POINT                    = AcpiPlatformEntryPoint

[Sources]
  AcpiPlatform.c
  SSDT/Ssdt_Sdio.asl

[Packages]
  ArmPkg/ArmPkg.dec
  MdePkg/MdePkg.dec
  MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dec

[LibraryClasses]
  UefiLib
  PcdLib
  DebugLib
  DxeServicesLib
  MemoryAllocationLib
  UefiBootServicesTableLib
  UefiDriverEntryPoint

[Protocols]
  gEfiAcpiTableProtocolGuid                     ## ALWAYS_CONSUMED

[Depex]
  gEfiAcpiTableProtocolGuid

Regards,
Abhishek