[edk2-devel] "StdLibPkg" branch on edk2-staging

Tim Lewis tim.lewis at insyde.com
Wed Jul 28 22:25:20 UTC 2021

I would point out that there was significant work on libc in the past (see https://github.com/andreiw/UefiToolsPkg) but never any help to upstream these fixes, including making sure that many Linux tools can easily be ported. I myself have used it to port several BSD utilities over, but each time there will little nits with the existing port and even small patches were returned with "no current maintainer"

In terms of making other projects use libc, I think the other objection was that it was never optimized for non-shell usage. Other projects (lie https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-staging/tree/CdePkg ) have tried to remedy this, but never with source checked in. But it allows support under PEI, DXE, etc.

Tim