[EnMasse] External Kubernetes services

Lohmann Carsten (INST/ECS4) Carsten.Lohmann at bosch-si.com
Thu Dec 14 15:57:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

in EnMasse 0.15.0 there has been this change:
"Replace use of Ingress with K8S LoadBalancer Service"
https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/commit/f2680732530e37ff5fa85c02ff58617a002e2640

Having the K8S LoadBalancer Services be created automatically by the Address Controller proves to be rather inflexible in our use case.

Before EnMasse 0.15.0, we have used an adapted "external-lb.yaml" file with added annotations
- concerning definition of DNS records for the created LoadBalancer, definition of LoadBalancer SSL certificate/port, etc.

Now to have these annotations, we must either adapt or delete/re-create the Services.
And since in the AWS setup there is the creation of dependent AWS LoadBalancer entries, there is quite some overhead involved in this.

Would it be feasible to add a flag to skip automatic Service creation? Or changing the code-wise creation to one based on a yaml file that can be adapted?

Best regards

Carsten Lohmann

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn