[EnMasse] using the service broker apis

Marko Lukša marko.luksa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 08:40:10 UTC 2017

On 27. 06. 2017 10:32, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I've been experimenting with using the service broker integration from
> address-controller and it all works very nicely. (The first address
> always takes a while as it has to start up all the infrastructure
> which may involve pulling down latest images.)
>
> One thing that I do think is confusing though is the option to put
> things into a particular project, as the infrastructure is *not*
> actually placed in that chosen project. You even get a notice at the end:
>
>     "enmasse-queue-2ps8x has been added to My Project successfully"

"enmasse-queue-2ps8x" in this case is the service Instance object, which
is indeed added to "My Project", but the infrastructure created by the
broker is in a different namespace (could also be in a completely
different cluster). The idea of the Service Catalog is to give users the
ability to self-provision black box services, but a broker could also
provision the services in the same namespace, allowing the user access
to the internals of a service (white box).

The namespace in which a service instance is created is now passed to
the broker, so we could create the MaaS infrastructure in that same
namespace. But, do you really want/need that?