[EnMasse] Openshift / Minishift user permissions

Lohmann Carsten (INST/ECS4) Carsten.Lohmann at bosch-si.com
Wed Apr 11 13:18:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been doing some tests with EnMasse on Minishift and have encountered a problem concerning permissions.

I guessed, I had to put the "developer" user into the "cluster-admin" group in order to prevent this error:
----
$ oc whoami
developer

$ oc new-project enmasse
Now using project "enmasse" on server "https://192.168.42.240:8443".

$ oc policy add-role-to-user view system:serviceaccount:enmasse:default
Error from server (Forbidden): the server does not allow access to the requested resource (get policyBindings :default)
----

But
oc adm policy --as system:admin add-cluster-role-to-user cluster-admin developer
fails with
Error from server (NotFound): the server could not find the requested resource
Log errors:
I0411 15:10:49.493532   38470 round_trippers.go:318] GET https://192.168.42.214:8443/oapi/v1/clusterpolicybindings/:default 404 Not Found in 29 milliseconds
I0411 15:10:49.495210   38470 round_trippers.go:318] GET https://192.168.42.214:8443/oapi/v1/clusterpolicybindings 404 Not Found in 1 milliseconds

So, it seems the clusterPolicy, policyBindings, and clusterPolicyBindings resources are not there anymore in this OpenShift version
(as mentioned here: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-docs/issues/5208).

What would be the way to solve this?

Best regards

Carsten Lohmann

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn