[EnMasse] Openshift / Minishift user permissions

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 13:40:52 UTC 2018

On 04/11/2018 03:18 PM, Lohmann Carsten (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been doing some tests with EnMasse on Minishift and have
> encountered a problem concerning permissions.

The errors you are seeing below are unknown to me. The best way to add
cluster-admin to developer is to login as system:admin.

oc login -u system:admin

Then

oc adm policy add-cluster-role-to-user cluster-admin developer

Which version of minishift/openshift are you using? What version of the
oc command line tool?

Did you follow
http://enmasse.io/documentation/master/#installing-openshift ?

HTH,

Ulf

> I guessed, I had to put the "developer" user into the "cluster-admin"
> group in order to prevent this error:
>
> ----
>
> $ oc whoami
>
> developer
>
> $ oc new-project enmasse
>
> Now using project "enmasse" on server "https://192.168.42.240:8443".
>
> $ oc policy add-role-to-user view system:serviceaccount:enmasse:default
>
> Error from server (Forbidden): the server does not allow access to the
> requested resource (get policyBindings :default)
> > ----
>
> But
>
> oc adm policy --as system:admin add-cluster-role-to-user cluster-admin
> developer
>
> fails with
>
> Error from server (NotFound): the server could not find the requested
> resource
>
> Log errors:
>
> I0411 15:10:49.493532   38470 round_trippers.go:318] GET
> https://192.168.42.214:8443/oapi/v1/clusterpolicybindings/:default 404
> Not Found in 29 milliseconds
>
> I0411 15:10:49.495210   38470 round_trippers.go:318] GET
> https://192.168.42.214:8443/oapi/v1/clusterpolicybindings 404 Not Found
> in 1 milliseconds
>
> So, it seems the clusterPolicy, policyBindings, and
> clusterPolicyBindings resources are not there anymore in this OpenShift
> version
>
> (as mentioned here:
> https://github.com/openshift/openshift-docs/issues/5208).
>
> What would be the way to solve this?
>
> Best regards
>
> *Carsten Lohmann
> *
> (INST/ECS4)
> Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin |
> GERMANY| www.bosch-si.com <http://www.bosch-si.com>
>
> Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung:
> Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn

Ulf