[EnMasse] Upcoming REST API changes

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Tue May 8 09:52:26 UTC 2018

On 08/05/18 10:20, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> Further, when we talk about "addressSpace" and "address" here, are we
> talking about the names as the user will understand them (i.e. not bound
> by kubernetes naming restrictions) or some sort of mangled form are
> valid kubernetes names?

That is a good point. I assume it is probably valid kubernetes names
(though the spec may then contain the actual user desired names without
restrictions). That is less than ideal, but possibly hard to avoid.

I think it would be less of an issue if the address space was the
primary addressable (apologies for overloaded use of term) entity in the
API. (I.e. its less arduous to say that address spaces must always be
valid kubernetes names, but addresses don't need to be).