[EnMasse] Upcoming REST API changes

Rob Godfrey rgodfrey at redhat.com
Tue May 8 10:23:35 UTC 2018

On 8 May 2018 at 12:17, Gordon Sim <gsim at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/18 11:13, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
>
>> An address is not unique within the namespace, but as Rob pointed out, we
>> would need the ability to use labelSelectors to identify which when
>> deleting for instance.
>>

> Presumably each CRD needs to have a unique name/identity though? Using
> kubectl, how would you delete an address? I guess one approach would be to
> prefix the address with the address-space name/id to get the addresses own
> identity?

such prefixing can't (easily) produce guaranteed uniqueness though, for
simplicity, assume the separator character is - : address space a-b with
address c would give the same compound address as space a, address b-c

I'm sure we can define an algorithm that gives a predictable (and
reversible) sanitised name from the address space / address combination;
but they aren't exactly going to be user friendly I'd guess.

I shall have to go read up on sub-resources over lunch, but when I scanned
them before I dismissed them for reasons I forget now :)

-- Rob

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Registered seat: Grasbrunn, Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB
153243,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
Michael O'Neill