[EnMasse] Disconnect from time to time

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 16:24:39 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Gordon Sim <gsim at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 28/03/2019 12:27 pm, Bob Claerhout wrote:
> > Hi Gordon,
> >
> > I'm sorry for the delay.
> > You can find the extra logging in a wetransfer:
> https://we.tl/t-ych9qXsceF
>
> Thanks! The logs show the broker specifies an idle timeout of 2.5
> seconds. The protocol trace does not contain timestamps (enabling
> tracing in the router log as opposed to PN_TRACE_FRM would give the
> timestamps), so it is hard to be completely certain, it does look like
> the router is indeed not sending heartbeats as expected at the point the
> connections is ended (based on the closest log entries that do have
> timestamps, and on the heartbeat from broker to router).

Hmm, its strange since the connector sets it to 5 seconds by default. Is
the reporting accurate or is there a potential flaw in proton-j
configuration? Looking at the source code of Artemis it should be setting
transport.setIdleTimeout(5000)

PR has been merged:https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/pull/2536

> I have no obvious explanation for *why* the router did not respond in
> time. Of the 44 connections for which traces are logged in a 10 second
> period around the time of the last timeout, only two were doing anything
> other than heartbeats. Of the rest 29 sent at least one heartbeat.

Best regards,

Ulf