Voting: Vetoing fedora-usermgmt until FPC makes a decision

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Apr 5 07:31:18 UTC 2007

On 05.04.2007 09:04, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 06:44:55AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>> On 04.04.2007 22:31, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> Voting topic: Packages should not use fedora-usermgmt or other
>>> non-standard useradd replacements.
>>>
>>> Background: Large thread starting at
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-March/msg00029.html,
>>> also many threads on various non-epel lists, too many to list here.
>>>
>>> Voting period: until 20070410 UTC 23:59
>> Same as in the other mail. Sum the discussions up before asking for a
>> voting.
>
> I'm probably too biased (or at least I can't see any cons in dropping
> this), and I think people here have seen way too much of this
> discussion on 3 lists over a month by now.

Con: several packages that are in Fedora can't get into EPEL right now
and would need to be adjusted; that's would be a burden for the
maintainer that then might say "well, if they make it hard for me then I
don't care about EPEL and stick to Fedora"

Con: several packages would have to wait for the decision of the
Packaging committee before they can enter EPEL; that can take some time.

Two quite big Cons for me.

CU
thl