Relationship to existing 3rd party repos/CentOS/SL?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 25 22:13:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 02:51:50PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> So, am I making things worse if I decide to keep repotags?

Only to yourself, you aren't harming anyone else by keeping them.

> (because then I don't contribute so strongly to the predictable
> confusion that some hope will highlight how repotags can be useful
> for no additional cost?[*]). Sounds really really silly to me.

The point is that this system only works if all (major) players
cooperate. Once one decides to not play nice anymore this system is
broken and starts damaging the ones that support it. At the end you
will be the last remaining martyr. :/

That's why I went through endless lengths to have epel carry repotags,
so we could live all together in the same ecosphere.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net