Help with creating rpms for contribution

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Fri Dec 7 11:52:35 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I'm wanting to create some rpms from tarball packages, mostly network
security apps and an mp3 server that i'd then like to submit to epel for
inclusion. I've read the rpm building docs so i have an idea as to how the
process should go, however for my first rpm i'd rather have some shoulder
looking from someone whose actually done it, vs. putting out something that
looks like well a first-time kludged together rpm. If anyone's interested, i
doubt any of these packages will take very long, they all compile out of the
box, please let me know privately.
    And whom would i speak to for rpm inclusion?
Thanks.
Dave.