python-imaging end of life in cvs

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jul 19 12:05:09 UTC 2007

On 19.07.2007 13:46, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> We these days afaik try to avoid to delete any branches that were
>>> created.
>>> For this case it might make sense, but its a whole lot easier and likely
>>> more that good enough to just delete all files from the EL5/ directory
>>> and put a dead.branch file into it which explains the situation in a few
>>> words.
>> understood
> Done:). For the EPEL/el5 branch.  I checked the channels for RHEL4 and AFAIK
> python-imaging is not there.

thx

> This would mean that it should be in EPEL.  So the right thing to do
> according to what was discussed, is to
> build with package based on fc3 (python 1.1.4) and use 1.1.4-1 as a
> release number.

Sounds like a plan. You should just make sure the release stays lower
that what's in EPEL5 or EL5, to not break update paths.

> And prepare a "We are sorry for the hassle" message for the people that
> had already used python-imaging.1.1.6
> from EPEL/el4 repos.

Not sure, but we have not yet a place to sent it to besides this
list(¹), so maybe we don't need to send one, as all that are on this
list are likely aware of the problem in between.

CU
thl

(¹) we likely need a epel-announce list or a special channel on
fedora-package-announce soon; which of the two would people prefer?