Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) Now Open

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 13:28:19 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> In general: sure. But I don't want to name other repositories, because
> that might be problematic from a legal standpoint for the Fedora Project
> (just being careful here, not sure if I'm overreacting). So I just added
> this to the FAQ:
> ----
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#head-b631b303a0b54605688fd911f0f3dfc90676b5a0

I think this is good, There are tons of places to get 3rd party RPMs out
there.  ATrpms, dribble, freshRPMS, jpackage, Livna, RPMForge,
PlanetCCRMA all come up in a google search.  We certainly aren't asking
any of them to mention which repos they are incompatible with and I
highly doubt all of them are completely compatible with eachother*.

    -Mike

*I have not tried putting all of those repos together on one machine to
see that they are all compatible.... I know better :)