Questions about EPEL Distribution

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:42:39 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Perry N. Myers <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > On 31.10.2007 16:14, Perry N. Myers wrote:
> >> I am working on a project that requires EPEL RPMs as part of the installation
> >> process.
> >
> > Sounds interesting.
> >
> > /me wonders what this exatly is about, but I suppose you'll tell us
> > sooner or later.
>
> The details of what we're doing are still under wraps, but there is work
> underway to make things more public.  :)

Yes you heard it here folks! Red Hat will be unveiling a new
Enterprise Service, you package for us! If you can do the following,
you will be paid 25 RH Air-miles redeemable at RH partners listed
soon:

1) Get a set of software into an RPM
2) Get that RPM past the Fedora Package Ghouls who will hunt down any
problems and devour you, your family, and any close friends depending
on the number of problems in the package.
3) Get that package to compile on EL-4/EL-5 and pas the EPEL Package
Werewolves who are more choosy than the Ghouls, but will not stop at
sucking the marrow from your bones.

If you can do that, you will get 25 RH Air-miles for every release
that this software works on. You will further be paid more airmiles if
this package is used by one of our customers and needs fixes or
updates.

Join NOW!