add to wishlist: rsyslog

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Sep 27 22:55:59 UTC 2007

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 09:56:25PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>>> It looks like Fedora is moving towards rsyslog, it's already in the
>>> development tree, it would be nice to have it in EPEL.
>> Done.
>
> I already use it (1.18.0-1) on a RHEL5 system, seems to work ok.

We're testing the 1.19.2-1.el4.rf from http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/ on
RHEL4 32 bit. So far so good.

> The package has to be adapted on a few places to allow it to be installed
> along with sysklogd (I guess that should be the goal?).  What I did:

Today I grabbed the latest rsyslog-1.19.6-2.fc8.src.rpm from Fedora
Development and rebuilt it on RHEL4 32bit. Seems to work fine after very
summary testing.
Perhaps that should be the reference used for EPEL? Anyway, mainstream
just released 1.19.8 today.

I did notice it does not chkconfig off the syslog service after it's
installed.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/