OCaml 3.10.2

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 12:44:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 03:41:12PM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> How about installing a package with  /usr/bin/ocamlc -3.09.3,
> /usr/bin/ocamlopt-3.09.3 , etc, another one with /usr/bin/ocamlc-3.10.2,
> /usr/bin/ocamlopt-3.10.2, etc.  and usin alternatives to switch among
> the two by doing

Yes, alternatives is an, erm, alternative.  But don't forget it's not
just the base packages, but the stdlib directory, and piles of
external libraries (see my .signature), some of which have binaries
that depend on the compiler version, particularly ocamlfind.  It's
do-able but a zoomungous amount of work for not a lot of benefit.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 64 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)