is epel repository being used

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:44:06 UTC 2008

2008/10/24 Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu>:
> When I run yum repolist it shows me that epel is enabled:

> repo id              repo name                                 status
>
> epel                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -   enabled
>
> rhel-i386-server-5   None                                      enabled
>
> rhel-i386-server-vt- None                                      enabled
>
> rhn-tools-rhel-i386- None                                      enabled

I would check to see what /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo is saying:

[epel]
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearch
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

I would then do a 'yum clean all; yum list all' and see if items with
EPEL show up

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux